Monday, November 5, 2007

Actual Progress

Four and a half pages today, most of which was new. It looks like less from the word counts, because I cut about another two pages of content. I'm finished with chapter seven, however, because I decided to just end it after the content I had already completed, and thus started directly into a new chapter eight today. Not too shabby!

Amazingly, though, it's been about three weeks since I've actively worked on new content. I've got things well planned out for the next four or five chapters, however, so I'm hoping to make up for lost time this month. It would be nice if I can actually exceed my goal of reaching 172 pages (which seems reasonable), but I suppose that remains to be seen. There are plenty of real-life events that could still get in the way, but I'll try to keep that from happening.

The stats as of today:
-37,750 estimated words.
-43,926 actual words.
-Seven fully-revised-and-expanded chapters (116.5 pages total).
-Eleven completed chapters in all (151 pages).

4 comments:

Dwight's Writing Manifesto said...

You are ON FAHR, Son!

"Eddie, put your brother out. Roll him on the ground. Wanna eat? Wanna eat?"

... Sorry. 80s flashback.

Anyway, congrats, Mr. Park. Keep the stone in motion. Don't stop now.

Christopher M. Park said...

Thanks! You bet, I'm going to try not to lose this momentum.

Anonymous said...

Great to hear you're back into new territory. Sounds like you're on track for a good writing month.

Keep at it!

Christopher M. Park said...

Thanks, Karen!