Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Chapter 8 is finished.

At 1,800 words it's a fairly short chapter compared to most of mine, but the length fits. I wrote about 500 words tonight, and revised perhaps the other 1,300 fairly heavily. I had been unsure about some of these scenes, but tonight they really came together for me in a flash of inspiration and productivity. Even better, the last scene of my chapter practically wrote itself, and took me in a slightly unexpected direction. That's created a really wonderful set up for chapter 9, and now I've got a bunch of new ideas for that chapter that I'm really excited about. I can't say much without spoiling things, though. Let's just say that my pool of antagonists is expanding, and I plan to make good use of them . . . .

Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
20,779 / 95,000 (21.9%)

2 comments:

Colleen said...

Sounds very exciting. Congratulations!

Rachel V. Olivier said...

That sounds great!