Friday, February 8, 2008

Writing Status

Well. I am sick. Yesterday was the worst, with my temperature getting up to 101.8, among other unpleasantries (which I will spare you). Not sure if this is the flu or not, which is going around NC in a major way, but it's certainly cutting its way through the school where my wife works. At least the really bad phase seems to last only a day or two for most people.

Today I'm still home from work, and as you can tell I'm catching up on my blog posts a bit (to distract myself from how my body feels, mostly). But I'm way too out of it to get any actual writing done, and have been for a couple of days now. I did get maybe a page written on Wednesday, before things got too bad, and I've also been making prewriting notes so that I can hit the ground running once I'm better. Amazingly, I finally sat down and wrote the first half-page of my synopsis -- I think that's going pretty well, so far.

And... that's pretty much all the news.

2 comments:

Karen Mahoney said...

How are you feeling now, Chris? It took me the best part of 3 weeks (3 freakin' weeks!!!) to even feel human again after the Cold From Hell (CFH).

Hope you're getting better... :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris, (Paul here)
I wanted to share something with you and your readers and I hope you don't mind me posting here.
It has to do with a very brave young girl that lives in Toronto and spent some time at Toroto Sick Kids Hospital.
The reason I am posting here is that she wrote a book about her experiences and I thought that everyone might be interested in learning about her story.
She is selling the book and 100% of the proceeds go to the hospital.
All this from a nine year old girl.

In the spirit of supporting other writers I thought you might be interested.

Lets help spread the word!

her web site is: http://icanbeanything.net/index.html

Talk to you soon,


paul phillips


www.paulphillips.ca