Three pages today. I would have easily reached four or even six pages, had I not gotten side-tracked tweaking the code for my website/blog (ahem. For four hours). Well, there were a few different little glitches on the site in both FireFox and IE, and they've been bothering me for months now. For whatever reason, I chose tonight to be my night to make those updates. The result is that the glitches are gone, I made a few minor graphical enhancements, and I'm a bit more cross-browser compatible.
I guess that's worth sacrificing a few pages' worth of work, since the website/blog is, after all, most people's first impression of me. It's one of those marketing things that I've decided to get a jump on well before I even have an agent, let alone a publisher, because I don't want to get in a crunch (or hire somebody else) on account of the website later on. Plus, tweaking it gradually over time gives me a good chance to let the design gradually "settle."
Even so, this can't become a habit. I did finish with chapter 5 tonight, so I'm back to revising/expanding with chapter 6 tomorrow. It won't be until I get a fair ways into chapter 7 that I have another all-new scene to add.
The stats as of today:
-35,500 estimated words.
-41,126 actual words.
-Five fully-revised-and-expanded chapters (78 pages total).
-Eleven completed chapters in all (142 pages).
Post a Comment