Sunday, April 29, 2007

Chapter 7 is finished.

So far so good on my new resolution. 1,218 words were written tonight, and I revised 650 words from yesterday besides. This actually finishes off chapter 7 and moves me right on into chapter 8, so I'm really pleased about that. There were a couple of intense action scenes in this chapter, and I think that they came out really well. There are a couple of really spectacular such scenes in THE GUARDIAN (if I do say so myself), and I think these come out about on par with those.

Not much else to report yet. I have hit the end of my specific-preplanning again, so I'll have to figure out the specifics of what happens next before I can do much in-depth writing. I've got a broad plan, and I'm a lot more comfortable with my characters and overall story arc now, so that should happen more easily than in the past with this book. I'm hoping to nail down enough tomorrow that I can get at least another scene or two written then as well. I'm tantalizingly close to 20,000 words, and if I can get the scenes planned properly I hope to pass that mark tomorrow.

Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
19,391 / 95,000 (20.4%)